It is a great pleasure and honour to welcome you to the official website of the South African Consulate General in Geneva, which is conveniently located in the central business district of Geneva at 65 Rue du Rhône.
The South African Consulate-General in Geneva serves South African citizens residing in Cantons of Geneva, Vaud, Lausanne, Wallis and Freibourg; other Cantons are served by the South African Embassy in Bern.
As a first priority, we wish to encourage all South Africans to register with our Mission by forwarding an e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is provided in the event there is a need to contact you to offer urgent advice on a natural disaster, health issue or a family emergency, etc. Emergency on consular matters:
+41 79 813 3404/+4178 768 4498
The Consulate General in Geneva provides immigration, civic and consular services.
The South African President, HE Mr Cyril Ramaphosa, has declared a National State of Disaster in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following an extensive analysis of the progression of the disease worldwide and in South Africa, Cabinet has decided on the following measures to combat it:
- Firstly, to limit contact between persons who may be infected and South African citizens.
- Imposing a travel ban on foreign nationals from high-risk countries such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom and China as from 18 March 2020.
- Cancelling visas to visitors from those countries from today and previously granted visas are hereby revoked.
- South African citizens are advised to refrain from all forms of travel to or through the European Union, United States, United Kingdom and other identified high-risk countries such as China, Iran and South Korea.
- This is effective immediately.
For the full address click here.
We will endeavour to provide regular updates on this page.
You can also follow us on Facebook page South African Consulate in Geneva.
HE Ambassador Nozipho Joyce Mxakato-Diseko
Permanent Representative/Consul General