Critical Skills Work Visa
The following documentation must be submitted by each person applying for a Critical Skills Work Visa:
- A duly completed application form DHA 1738 signed by the applicant
- A passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended departure and having at least two (2) blank pages + copy
- Passport photos x2
- Valid Swiss permit + copy
- Visa fees: 123 CHF (NO CASH accepted. Money to be deposited in Consulate bank account. Details to be provided at the Consulate).
- A vaccination certificate, if required
- Proof of financial means to cover envisaged living expenses in the Republic
- Medical and radiology reports (individual report)
- A police clearance certificate from each country in which you resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years( police report to be apostille)
- A confirmation, in writing, from the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act, or any relevant government Department confirming the skills or qualifications of the applicant and appropriate post qualification experience
- If required by law, proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act and
- Proof of evaluation of the foreign qualification by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into English.
- All required documentation for a spouse and/or children if they intend to accompany you
- A written undertaking by the employer / company in the Republic of South Africa –
- accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his or her dependent family members, should it become necessary;
- to ensure that the passport of his or her employee is valid at all times for the duration of his or her employment;
- in respect of dependent children accompanying the applicant or joining the applicant in the Republic of South Africa, proof of parental responsibilities and rights or written consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent or legal guardian, as the case may be
- in respect of spouse children accompanying the applicant or joining the applicant in the Republic of South Africa a copy of a marriage certificate (translated into English, where applicable, and certified as a correct translation by a sworn translator;
- proof of payment, by bank transfer/deposit ONLY, of the applicable fee (see attached details)
- On condition that a complete application has been submitted, it may take up to 8 weeks to process long stay visa applications.
- Status/progress reports are not provided during the processing period.
- Furthermore, no ‘express service’ for processing visa applications is available.
- A critical skills work visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding five (5) years.
- Documentation that accompanies the visa application shall be original or copies authenticated by the issuing authority of the country of origin and translated into English, where applicable, and certified as a correct translation by a sworn translator at the expense of the applicant.