Department of Trade Industry and Competition (the dtic)
The Department of Trade Industry and Competition (the dtic) was established after the merger of the Department of Trade and Industry and the Economic Development Department.
the dtic’s Mission is to:
- Promote structural transformation, towards a dynamic industrial and globally competitive economy
- Provide a predictable, competitive, equitable and socially responsible environment, conducive to investment, trade and enterprise development
- Broaden participation in the economy to strengthen economic development
- Continually improve the skills and capabilities of the dtic to effectively deliver on its mandate and respond to the needs of South Africa’s economic citizens
- Co-ordinate the contributions of government departments, state entities and civil society to effect economic development
Improve alignment between economic policies, plans of the state, its agencies, government’s political and economic objectives and mandate
InvestSA is a division of the South African Department of Trade, Industry Competition (the dtic). It supports investors exploring opportunities in South Africa by helping with information, facilitation and aftercare. One Stop Shop provide practical assistance to streamline the process of setting up a business.
South Africa Investment Conference
Since launch in 2018, the South African Investment Conference (SAIC) has drawn delegates from South Africa and the rest of the world with the objective of showcasing the investment opportunities available in the country. To date, SAIC has attracted more than R700 billion worth of investment commitments.