REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION FOR A STUDY VISA IN TERMS OF IMMIGRATION ACT. NO. 13 OF 2002, SECTION 13
- No fixed travel arrangements must be made prior to the issuing of the visa.
- Turnaround time as complete application is lodged at the Consulate: 4 – 8 weeks
- All documents should be translated in English
- The entry requirements are NOT NEGOTIABLE.
- Passports will be retained during processing period of the visa
- Kindly note that all applications should be handed-in at the Consulate
- Complete Form DHA 1738
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport
- Payment of the prescribed fee CHF 35.00
UBS Business account (CHF)
IBAN: CHF52 0024 0240 3815 8101 M
Account No: 240-381581.01M
Category: Department of Home Affairs
Client No: 240-381581
Holder: Mission of South Africa, 1204 Geneva
Reference: Your surname and initials
- Valid Swiss permit + copy
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Two photographs and copies of the first three pages of passport.
- An official letter of provisional acceptance or acceptance at that learning institution and the duration of the course
- An undertaking by the Registrar or Principal of the learning institution to
- Provide proof of registration as contemplated in the relevant legislation within 60 days of registration; or
- In the event of failure to register by the closing date, provide the Director-General with a notification of failure to register within 7 days of the closing date of registration
- Within 30 days of de-registration, notify the Director General that the applicant is no longer registered with such institution and
- Within 30 days of completion of studies, notify the Director-general when the applicant has completed his or her studies or requires to extend such period of study
- Details regarding arranged accommodation,
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, maintenance and incidental costs.
- In the case of a minor, the particulars of the person in the Republic of SA who will act as the learner’s guardian and confirmatory letter from such person, and proof of consent for the intended stay from both parents, or from the sole custody parent along with proof of sole custody.
- An outline of the course or academic programme for which the applicant has been accepted and proof of the required qualifications to attend it, if any.
- Police clearance certificate (persons 18 years and older) in respect of all countries where person resided one year or longer( police report to be apostille)
- Proof of medical cover
- Medical report + radiological report
- Flight booking