REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
APPLICATION FOR A VISITOR’S VISA
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
(Please read carefully)
A visa only enables the holder to proceed to a port of entry before the expiry date of the visa, where the holder must comply with the applicable law, regulations and the following entry requirements of the Republic of South Africa.
- No fixed travel arrangements must be made prior to the issuing of the visa.
- Visa applications should reach this office at least 5 WORKING DAYS before the planned travel date.
- No preference will be given to people applying at short notice.
- The entry requirements are NOT NEGOTIABLE.
- Passports will be retained during processing period of the visa
- Application should be handed-in at the Consulate by the applicant
HOLDERS OF ORDINARY PASSPORTS:
HOLDERS OF ORDINARY PASSPORTS: (Kindly ensure you have all the below before bringing in your application)
- FULLY COMPLETED and signed Visa application form.
- Non-refundable Visa fee: CHF 35.00
- NO CASH accepted. Money to be deposited in the Consulate’s bank account in advance.
- Details to be provided at the Consulate
- Reference: Your surname and initials
- Copy of valid Swiss Permit, front and back
- Two (2) passport-sized photograph
- Valid travel document (passport)
* Two blank pages required in the passport for issuance of the South African visa
* The travel document / passport must be valid for at least 30 days after departure from South Africa.
- Previous passport if a visa for South African was issued before.
- Flight reservations for the entire onward and return journey
- No open returns accepted.
- Ticket not required
- Documentary evidence of accommodation in South Africa, e.g. hotel reservation
- Documentary evidence of means of support for the duration of the stay.
- Bank statements of the last 3 months AND Salary slips of the last 3 months
- Photocopies of the first three (3) pages of the passport
- A letter of invitation when you intend to stay with friends or relatives. Copy of the friend / relative’s ID document + SA valid permit if non-South African citizen. Those documents should be certified by the Police in South Africa.
- A letter of invitation from the relevant company/business when you intend visiting South Africa for business purposes and letter from your Company in Switzerland explaining purpose of travel
- Copy of valid yellow fever certificate (if you recently travelled through a yellow fever region
- Additional documents might be requested at the discretion of the Consular Official
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED WHEN ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE COMPLIED WITH